Pennies For PAWS
If any business, school, organization wants to collect money as a fundraiser or collect for the “Wish List”, they may contact Lucinda Kerns at firstname.lastname@example.org
It benefits the St. Joseph Animal Control by helping with emergency medical care, medical care of animals at the shelter, low income spay/neuter, the Puppies For Parole Program, ads to increase adoptions, and our website.
Let’s Save Life of Little Pets
Your Donation gives each Shelter Animal an opportunity for a greater life.
Donations can be made in the form of a financial donation or animal care items (see below), made directly to Friends of the Animal Shelter of St. Joseph. All of the funds are used for the direct benefit of the shelter animals. Return a donation form with your contribution to make a difference in the life of a shelter animal. Friends of the Shelter is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization.
Donations are greatly appreciated and can now be accepted through PayPal as an option. Please note that after entering your contribution amount and proceeding through checkout, there is review page. On the review page there is a section “Please Notate Reason For Donation Here:”. Please click the “+” sign next to this section to open a text box. In the text box please let us know where you would like the donation to go towards the new shelter or to help maintain the current shelter. You may also place additional instructions here such as “In Memory Of” or “On Behalf Of”.
- Adult Dry food (No Ol’ Roy food- makes them sick)Dog harnesses (especially small and medium)
- Cat harnesses (there are 3 sizes, can be used for puppies too)
- Cheap cat litter (non clumping) some Dollar Stores have 10 lbs. for $1
- Kennels (for transporting small & medium size pets)
- Paper towels
- Liquid Hand soap
- Dawn Dish soap
- Windex Window cleaner
- Laundry Detergent
- Bleach (unscented)
- Dog Shampoo (not flea & tick shampoo) just regular dog shampoo
- Dog Creme Rinse
- Trash Bags (tear resistant) for 30 gal. or 13 gal.
- Fabric Softener
Prison dog Program-Puppies For Parole Needs
- Leashes & buckle collar ( to fit up to 40 pounds)
- Stainless bowls
- Dog treats
- Purina Dog Chow dog food
- Paper towels
- Bags for poop
- Antiseptic wipes (pet friendly wipes)
Kennel Enrichment Program Wish List
- Broth/ Bouillon cubes
- Frozen mixed fruit
- Frozen mixed vegetables
- Canned meat Chicken, turkey, etc.
- Yogurt Plain or vanilla flavor
- Cottage cheese
- Fresh bananas
- Canned pumpkin
- Dried potato flakes for mashed potatoes
- Kong toys
- Rope bones
- Nylabone chews
- Dog treats
Donations can be delivered to:
St. Joseph Animal Control and Rescue Shelter
701 Lower Lake Road
St. Joseph, MO 64504