Friends of the Shelter Capital Campaign Manager
About Friends of the Animal Shelter of St. Joseph (FOTAS):
FOTAS is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is to work in conjunction with the St. Joseph Animal Shelter staff to increase animal adoption and redemption rates while minimizing the number of euthanized animals; educating our community regarding animal care and welfare issues; and helping care for the medical needs of all sick and injured animals that come through the Animal Shelter. While we are making the most of our current shelter’s resources, we are in need of a new shelter to serve the city and its animals effectively and humanely. Our shelter’s current size, layout and location are no longer adequate to meet these needs. We are currently looking for a campaign manager to help us kick off our capital campaign efforts to build this new shelter.
The campaign manager will oversee all aspects of the $5 million capital campaign to build the new St. Joseph Animal Shelter, including the coordination and implementation of fundraising operations, as well as creating and managing the campaign budget. This fundraising effort will support the building of a new facility and create an endowment fund to maintain the new St. Joseph Animal Shelter’s continued development and on-going programs. The Campaign Manager will work closely with the FOTAS volunteers, board members and St. Joseph Animal Shelter staff members to carry out a fundraising plan targeting individuals, corporations, and foundations to support this initiative.
- Overall campaign management and organization including strategy, task assignment and maintenance of timelines
- Provide guidance to FOTAS board members and committee members, campaign volunteers and St. Joseph Animal Shelter staff during campaign process
- Maintaining master campaign calendar
- Work with the team in developing and executing a public relations/communications plan to keep appropriate donors and stakeholders informed on the progress of the capital campaign and maintain the momentum of the campaign once launched.
- Experience in and knowledge of fundraising, specifically during capital campaigns
- Exhibit strong interpersonal and organizational skills and capable of working effectively with board members, staff members, volunteers, and donors/prospects
- Have a commitment to animals and the community
- Well connected in the St. Joseph community and be able to guide FOTAS volunteers through the process of solicitation calls.
To apply please submit your resume and a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 20th